Thursday 9 August 2012

I've Been Filling Time

Well, we have puzzled together the Lulu site and now everyone can have a preview.  I know many have been asking for it, so I'm glad to be able to let everyone see.

Back at the beginning of summer, I started an herb garden on my deck, and I've been harvesting the dill, cilantro and parsley.  The basil is going strong but I'm going to wait another week.  Also, the community garden we invested into this year is going well.  We have a small plot.  We have beans, beans, beans galore, along with carrots, onions and tomatoes.  They're still green, but they have tons of time.  The other people in the neighborhood said they lost three quarters of their food to thieves.  So I sometimes have Alexis standing out there with a pitchfork to keep them away.

I hate summer.  I can't produce anything, especially this past week as it's been saw saw bang bang, and the house has an inch of dust.  But movies, movies I have watched until I am ready to blow my brains out.  I would rather be starting a new project, or exploring something deep and perverse with Alexis, or even to be reading a decent book.  Books I've tried lately, they all seem to take forever to start.  It's fifty and sixty pages of description, who is related to who and who does what.  There's no hook.  The last good book that I read was The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, but everyone has read that now.  I loved those books.  I'd like to see more books about story, and less about filler.  It really aggravates me to invest that much time, because when I read a book I want to be so involved that when I close it for the evening, I want to feel like that I've been on a vacation.  I want to relish it for hours later in my thoughts.  I haven't found that lately, though I have been looking.

Real quick, I'd like to say that I like erotica and sci fi.  I'll go into that another day.

2 comments:

  1. I meant to write, did you ever read any James Ellroy? "American Tabloid" is a hell of a read, right from the first page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fan of your husbands, dropped by to check out your work. Will you have a preview soon?

    ReplyDelete