Monday 6 August 2012

Snowbirds

I'm always amazed when my husband Alexis sits at the computer.  Reminds me of when I was a child of my Aunt Dorothy who played the piano.  I used to sit mesmerized at watching her fingers play over the keys.  I'm proud that I'm able to touch type, but his fingers just fly.  But watching him create the blog for me and how with each step he would ask, "do you like this color?" or "Do you like this style?"  "You like purple, right?"  Laughs.  He was very patient.  Not like most men.

Me, I'm okay, yeah, that looks good, we'll go with this.  But as it turned out, I'm pleased with all the things I picked out with his help.

Boy, has it been a long, hot three days.  Around 30 C here.  At times like this I sure wish I had an air conditioner.  But it seems so pointless, as we have few hot days.  Don't be shocked, but I do like snow and winter.  It's one thing I do like here, its snow and mountains.  I'm from Kentucky, and though they don't get much snow there, when I was twelve, my family moved to Michigan.  Being close to the water we got lots of snow.  For a kid that meant school days, ha!  And when I was married, sitting in the family room and watching the snow fall, I could watch it for hours, glancing into the fireplace and back out at the snow.  We lived closed to the woods and often there would be deer and wildlife, kind of like Norman Rockwell you might say.  As long as I don't have to shovel it - two thumbs up - I'm all good.

Alexis says someday we can spend a whole winter in Iceland when we have lots of money.  Ah, the things to dream about.  Kind of like Homer Simpson, uuuuuhhh, drool.  I don't why I like snow so much, I find it very peaceful and relaxing.  Funny, when I go to sleep at night, especially when its hot like this, I strip down and crawl into my bed, fan blaring, and think of being on the road to the mountains - and like Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer, all of the sudden a storm, a blizzard hits, and we have to find sanctuary in a ranger's abandoned cabin.

Of course, then I tie him down and get out my toys, but that's another post.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog looks quite nice, milady. Good choices.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete