Tuesday 7 August 2012

Stinky This Week

When it rains, it pours.  I was awakened this morning by two men in my hall.  They were here and I was naked, yelling out, "I'm here, I'm here!" as I heard them getting back to the condo door and waiting for me.  They were here to do repairs to the bathroom.

Seems the drywall and tiles have degraded so that it's dripping to the suite below us.  They were here to start work at 9 a.m., and for me 9 a.m. is very early.  I'm a night person.  It had begun - hammering, banging, sawing, cutting, every sound that you can imagine, and for toppers, it was a very hot day.  Needless to say, when Alexis got home from work, I was wound up tighter than a ten day clock radio.  As soon as he walked in the door, I said "That's it, I'm out of here."  I proceeded to leave, go out and walk off some pent up anger.

So does it end today?  No, I was told this ends at the end of Friday, so I won't have a bathtub or shower until Saturday morning.  Thank god, 'cause Saturday, Alexis runs D&D, and it feels like I've been waiting four months for this game.  It's with a couple my age, and I very much enjoy it.

To wind this up, the goal is to make it to D&D and a shower, and to sell more books.  Honestly, poor Michael goes through much more than this - laughs.  Don't you love torture?

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment